My share of Love Actually will be delayed :(

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hi everyone!

I know you're all probably tired of hitting the refresh button on my blog, coming from one of the collab girls' blog, and wondering where on Earth is my share. The truth is, it won't be available today.

I fell ill at the beginning of last week, but it was mild enough not to bother me. It was a pesky viral infection that David, our youngest boy, caught and promptly dealt with in a few days. Apolo had it, hubby had it, I had it... it was annoying, but nothing much. Then, by Saturday, I felt an enormous pain in my right ear, just after blowing my nose, but it went away after a few minutes, so I thought nothing of it.

Monday morning I woke up with the ear pain again and, this time, it just wouldn't go away. Hubby took me to the hospital, they misdiagnosed me, mis-medicated me, it spread to both ears, I had to rush to the hospital again and, after two shots, the pain finally went away, but I'm partially deaf for the time being. Yesterday, since although the pain was gone, the unrelenting pressure in my ears wasn't, I called to a different doctor. Turns out I should be taking an additional med, only no one had seen fit to tell me that before.

Fast forward to today and, in addition to the stupid pressure inside my ears and the partial deafness, I puked my guts out after taking the antibiotic. I feel tempted to say this can't get any worse, but don't want to jinx it. Yesterday was Apolo's 10th birthday, and I couldn't enjoy it with him; the party will be Saturday at the park, and I'm beginning to fear Vasco (hubby) will just have to take the kids without me. I'm beginning to feel slightly desperate.

What, I hear you ask, does this have to do with your promised freebie? Well, I didn't get to finish it. I swear I tried to get it ready, even gave it an extra push yesterday, but it was turning out to be a rush job and, freebie or not, I don't want to give you substandard designs. I will finish it as soon as I feel slightly better, I promise!

For now, here are the links to the rest of this amazingly beautiful collab freebie, and I really am sorry for the delay!

35 scraps:

Anonymous said...

YOU need to take care of *YOU* - and quit fretting over the freebie! We can wait, lol! Hang in there - hope you are feeling much better soon!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about!Take care of yourself and get well!!

Anonymous said...

No worries about the freebie! Just take care of yourself and feel better soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

just get better soon, don't worry about us, we can wait.

hope you are better by the bd party.

thanks for the lovely kit.

amymom24 said...

Wow, hope you feel better soon, that sounds awful!! Take your time, we'll all still be here when you are able to get back:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, it can definitely wait. Take care of yourself. I hope you are feeling back to normal in no time.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself; that's all that matters!

Stephany13 said...

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I will pray that you feel up to at least getting to go to your son's b-day party. As for the freebie, that can wait. Thanks for sharing your talents with us digiscrappers.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers tonight. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon and that you can be at the park on Saturday with your son!

Anonymous said...

Being sick stinks! But being a mom, wife, taxi, teacher, chef, housekeeper, accountant, party planner, gift wrapper/buyer, AND designer while being sick stinks even more. TAKE A BREAK! You deserve it! As for us, it just lets the fun last longer, looking forward to seeing what you came up with. Don't sweat it!!!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Take good care of yourself.

Natalie from Utah

Anonymous said...

Monica, take care of yourself first! Freebies can wait. YOU are more important, honestly.

Best of luck with Apolo's party. Hope you feel well enough to attend.

{{{{{{ healing vibes }}}}}}}

missy said...

just take care of yourself so you can enjoy your son's birthday party, please! we can wait and we know it will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

OMG you poor thing! I am so sorry that you are so sick. I really hope it passes soon and you get to feeling better, it really sounds horrible! You'll be in my thoughts, please take care of you and don't think twice about a freebie until it can be something that you enjoy too! Get well soon!

Unknown said...

I'm SO sorry to hear that you've been so unwell. :( And that you were initially misdiagnosed.

I hope you're well enough to attend your son's party. The freebie can wait.

Sending a hug and will remember you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Please take care of your body. They only issue one per soul!!

We are happy to wait for your health.

Unknown said...

Stop apologizing right now! Take care of yourself-ear problems can effect all kinds of things. Your first priority is you then the family. Lastly, a bunch of admirers and free loaders like me!

LourdesM said...

I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry about the kit for now. Just take care of yourself. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I must say I agree with everyone else. YOU come first, Family second and somewhere down the line you will find us. I'm just hoping that you will be able to tolerate the medication or find some that you can.

Anonymous said...

Please don't worry about us and just get some rest...it's all ok!

I will pray for you to get better soon...you're so nice you most definetely deserve it!

Dorys Creations said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sharon Kay said...

Goodness you have been through the ringer! Take care of yourself and don't worry about it!! I hope you are better by Saturday! If not, send the camera with your hubby.

Jessica Dixon said...

Aww I hope you feel better REALLY soon!! Im sorry you arent feeling well...You & your family get well!

nancypinct said...

Get better - don't worry about us - worry about you and your family! It's only scrappin - not to worry!! Wishing you a good day..........

Unknown said...

Oh goodness. You get better!!! Don't worry about us. We can be patient for your wonderful work!! Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Look after yourself and get well soon. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all. Get Well!!!

Ramie :-) said...

No worries! Take care of YOU and get better. Hope that you got to enjoy the party today and that you are feeling better very soon!

Chel said...

No apologies needed...take care of you & your family first! I think it would be a unanimous consensus that both of those things are much more important than our digiscrapping (man my DH would love to see that written down...LOL). Get yourself better & can't wait to see your contribution!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You poor thing! As wonderful as freebies are, they're nothing compared to one's health! No worries and keep yourself in bed, working on recovering love. I'm so sorry you can't share your son's 10th birthday too, that's hard for a Mommie but I'm sure he know's without a doubt you would be there if you could. Take your time and be well soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon!

Susie2shoes said...

Crickey, what a nightmare! I hope you feel better soon. Ear problems are horrible, so I hope you feel better soon You will be better for your son's birthday party. I'm sure.

Hugs
Susie
UK

Cheng's said...

Don't worry about the kit, you should focus all your energy on getting better and not the freebie. Your health is more important. Take Care.

Karen M in FL said...

Wow that just seems so totally ucky. Best wishes coming your way for getting well soon. We can all wait.